Thursday, March 28, 2013

Secret to acing an interview

So I just got interviewed via Skype with Ritz Carlton Singapore and I'm pretty sure I got the job. They seemed to really love me and even said "There is a really high chance you'll work in our F&B department" and "You will receive information really soon" :)

I never actually doubted my interviews, I have a rejection rate of perhaps 10% or less because before the interview, I (egoistical as it may sound but I assure you I do not intend to come across like this) know I would snag it, and will go into the interview confident.

So here are just some of the myths about interviews and facts that I wish to share, about myself (may not apply to everyone)

1. I don't prepare for the interview.

One thing I don't do is prepare standard interview questions. I never do that. I just answer as honestly as I can, whatever pops into my head, because I believe that people will be able to tell if it's coming straight from your heart or not.

No standard questions, nothing. Just me and my experience and I.

2. Smile! Upsell yourself! BUAY PAISEH!

They'll always ask you for your strengths and stuff.. Just be buay paiseh! Seriously! You're good and you know it and you HAVE to tell them, now or never. Anyway if you don't tell them you'll probably never see them ever again so it doesn't matter.

3. Make sure your Skype is working..

Mine is super crazy argh it makes me look like I'm high on mdma or some shit, blinking non stop because the camera is playing on loop. Skype, wtf is wrong with you???

4. RESEARCH ON THE COMPANY

This is completely different from preparing standard questions. Don't ask stupid questions like "is your hotel a chain or independent" like seriously it just shows how stupid you are hahah which completely contradicts part 2. Make sure you know what you're in for before you sell your soul to the devil.

5. Dress pretty.

Most companies want you as their face or walking ambassador so make sure you look good, at least the top half of your body hahaha take the time to choose an outfit!

Okay I gtg for class now I've slacked enough hahah hopefully that helped!

No comments: