Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happiness





If I can only make one wish for Christmas, it'll be that I will be happy.

When my friends and family are happy, I'm happy.

When they're safe, I'm happy.

When I get to spend time bonding and connecting with them, I'm happy.

When they accept me for who I am and for the decisions I make, and forgive me if I made any mistakes, I'm happy.

I don't need fancy gifts, nor a new earphone although I'm quite desperate for one. I'll be contented with the leaky Apple ones I have. Because contentment is living life by appreciating the things you have, not the things you don't.

"The essay question was: what do you want to be when you grow up. I wrote 'happy'. The teacher said I didn't understand the assignment. I told her she didn't understand life."


Such a deceptively easy wish, yet so hard to fulfill. All it needs is for one brick to be out of place, and your castle falls to pieces.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: